Tuesday, April 17, 2018

1862 Blog - George Otott IV (Lynn)

Homemade Salt Pork

Necessities:
1 pound pork belly
1 cup salt

Directions:
1. Place salt and the pork belly in a small bowl and rub the salt over the meat.
2. Sprinkle salt onto a plate and place the pork belly on top, its skip on the top. Sprinkle more salt onto the pork belly. Cover the pork belly with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
3. Retrieve the pork belly from the refrigerator and discard of liquids on the pork belly. Turn the meat over and sprinkle more salt atop of it and refrigerate.
4. After enough refrigeration, take out the pork belly and rinse off all salt and dry.
5. Boil the pork belly to remove the salt, which should partially cook the meat. Fry the meat until a crisp exterior appears.

I stood there reminiscing my wife, whom I was fortunate of, caring for my family. She made extraordinary cookies that I knew my children adored, they told me stories of their fluffy interior, thawed chocolate, and it's love enforced into it. But instead, I would be consuming a stranger's meat, who did not seem interested in cooking it. The meat is SALTIER than the Pacific! I'd prefer to eat my wife's cookies, even though I dislike sugar because of my blood levels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment