Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Solider Enlistment: Orlin Kist (Sloan)

Solider Enlistment 

Howdy. I am Private Orlin Kist. I am age 45 and i hail from Hederson, Texas. I have a lovely wife named Cornelia and 4 sweet children named Penny, Molly, Mary Sue, and Betty. They are all waiting at home for me to return along with my father Samuel who is 75 years old. I personelay don't have an education. i own 5 slave and i belive they are very well treated. I also think my negros are good people. i am no longer a youngin and almost getting to old to fight. I dont have much battle experiance but I do know how to work a gun. I am fighting this here war with the Confederacy because i would like to keep my slaves around to do the feild work that i dont want to do. I dont want the dirty abolitionists along with the Union to take my slaves. i can feel it in my bones that me and my confederate brothers and i war gonna win this here war.

Orlin Kist

No comments:

Post a Comment