Thursday, April 5, 2018

Soldier Enlistment - George Otott IV (Lynn)

ENLISTMENT RECORD
-------------

Name: George Otott IV
DOB: 3/23/31
Place of Birth: Atlanta, Georgia
Race: White
U.S. Citizen: Yes
Home Address: 275 Broad St., Richmond, VA
Married or Single: Married
Enlisted: April 5, 1861
Branch of Service: Army
Remarks: I was born and nourished in Atlanta, Georgia, where I distinguished my future in life. My education consists of Oxford University, where I studied for my diploma on business. I am deeply fortunate of my plantation in Virginia, where my wife, Bobbie, and I nourished our kids, Bob and Bobette, to learn of our opulence. I fight in this war because these Negroes that we nurture and protect, the Union is detrimental to them only, which seize their rights. If my seventy-five slaves were freed, there would be no shelter, food, filtered water for them, the South take pride and materials in caring for them. God bless us
Signature: 

No comments:

Post a Comment